Next Story
Newszop

Over 500 drones fired at Ukraine: One killed, dozens injured in Russian attack; 14 regions impacted

Send Push
Russia launched a large-scale attack on Ukraine overnight, killing one person, wounding at least 24 others and damaging residential areas and infrastructure, officials said on Saturday, as reported by Reuters.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said the strikes hit 14 regions and involved more than 500 drones and 45 missiles. Three children were among the injured in Zaporizhzhia, where a strike also cut power to 25,000 residents, according to regional governor Ivan Fedorov. Ukraine’s air force reported five missile and 24 drone hits across seven sites, with debris falling on 21 others.

The barrage came amid stalled diplomatic efforts to end Russia’s invasion. Earlier this month, US President Donald Trump met separately with Russian and Ukrainian leaders, but Moscow has since dismissed prospects of a summit between Zelenskiy and Vladimir Putin. “It is absolutely clear that Moscow used the time meant for preparing a leaders-level meeting to organize new massive attacks,” Zelenskiy said, urging fresh sanctions on Russia ’s banking and energy sectors.

The attack was reported as Ukraine said it struck two Russian oil refineries in overnight attacks, hitting facilities in Krasnodar and Syzran. Kyiv reported explosions and a fire at the Krasnodar plant, while Russian officials said falling drone debris damaged a unit, sparking a blaze that was later extinguished. Russia’s defence ministry said it downed 11 Ukrainian drones over Krasnodar. In the Samara region, local officials confirmed an attempted attack near the Syzran refinery but gave no details.
Loving Newspoint? Download the app now